SMOKING IN BED STARTS RESIDENTIAL BLAZE
2/17/2017 7:13:28 AM


Damage is estimated at $10,000 following a house fire early Thursday morning. Kingston Fire and Rescue responded to call for an activated smoke detector on Grouse Crescent around 4:45. A neighbour heard the smoke detector and noticed smoke through the windows and called 911. Kingston Fire and Rescue crews responded and forced entry through a back door. A lone woman was rescued from the bedroom. She had been smoking in bed and her mattress caught fire. She received care from firefighters until paramedics arrived where she was treated for smoke inhalation. A cat was also found safe. Crews were called to the home a few hours later for a rekindle.
   

WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI  |  © Copyright 2008-2011 My Broadcasting Corporation

Back to News








 
 

Copyright 2017 GananoqueNow.ca. All rights reserved.

This site powered by PromoSuite Interactive